nanofibers, nanofiber arrays, quantum fiber, alumina nanofiber, bismuth nanofiber, cadmium oxide nanofiber, cadmium selenide nanofiber, copper nanofiber, gallium nitride nanofiber, gold nanofiber, gallium phosphide nanofiber, germanium nanofiber, indium phosphide nanofiber, magnesium oxide nanofiber, manganese oxide nanofiber, nickel nanofiber, palladium nanofiber, platinum nanofiber, silicon nanofiber, silicon carbide nanofiber, titanium dioxide nanofiber, zinc oxide nanofiber,
Arrays of nanofiber / nanowhiskers are a new type of nanostructures that exhibit quasi-1D characteristics. Metallic nanofiber / nanowhiskers and multi-layered nanofiber / nanowhiskers have been successfully fabricated before.
a) The nanofiber can show peculiar shapes. Sometimes they can show noncrystalline order, assuming e.g. a pentagonal symmetry or a helicoidal (spiral) shape. Electrons zigzag along pentagonal tubes and spiral along helicoidal tubes.
b) The lack of crystalline order is due to the fact that a nanofiber is periodic only in one dimension (along its axis). Hence it can assume any order in the other directions (in plane) if this is energetically favorable.
* Alumina nanofiber
* Bismuth nanofiber
* Cadmium oxide nanofiber
* Cadmium selenide nanofiber
* Copper nanofiber
* Gallium nitride nanofiber
* Gold nanofiber
* Gallium phosphide nanofiber
* Germanium nanofiber
* Indium phosphide nanofiber
* Magnesium oxide nanofiber
* Manganese oxide nanofiber
* Nickel nanofiber
* Palladium nanofiber
* Platinum nanofiber
* Silicon nanofiber
* Silicon carbide nanofiber
* Titanium dioxide nanofiber
* Zinc oxide nanofiber
- Nanofibers Physical Properties Available:
Presently diameters nominally as small as 12 nanometers
There are many applications where nanowires may become important in electronic, opto-electronic and nanoelectromechanical devices, as additives in advanced composites, for metallic interconnects in nanoscale quantum devices, as field-emittors and as leads for biomolecular nanosensors. Also optical, sensing, solar cells, magnetic, and electronic device applications
Usually to customer specification
Varies. For further information please call the E.P.A. at +1.202.554.1404
- Nanofibers Safety Notice:
1) Before using nanofibers, the user shall determine the suitability of the product for its intended use, and user assumes all risk and liability whatsoever in connection therewith.
2) Premanufacture Notice (PMN): Nanofibers and quantum fibers purchased from READE are for use only in R&D applications.