- Reagent Chemicals, Inorganic Synonyms:
inorganic reagent chemical substance, ACS, inorganic reagent chemical mixture, inorganic reagent chemical component, inorganic reagent chemical chemical, inorganic reagent chemical element, inorganic reagent chemical material, inorganic reagent chemical molecule, inorganic reagent chemical mineral,
- Reagent Chemicals, Inorganic Description:
1) A substance used in a chemical reaction to detect, measure, examine, or produce other substances.
2) A reagent chemical is a "substance or compound that is added to a system in order to bring about a chemical reaction or is added to see if a reaction occurs ". Such a reaction is used to confirm the presence of another substance.
3) Although the terms reactant and reagent are often used interchangeably, a reactant is more specifically a "substance that is consumed in the course of a chemical reaction". Solvents and catalysts, although they are involved in the reaction, are usually not referred to as reactants. In organic chemistry, reagents are compounds or mixtures, usually composed of inorganic or small organic molecules, that are used to affect a transformation on an organic substrate.
4) In another use of the term, when purchasing or preparing chemicals, reagent-grade describes chemical substances of sufficient purity for use in chemical analysis, chemical reactions or physical testing. Purity standards for reagents are set by organizations such as ASTM International. For instance, reagent-quality water must have very low levels of impurities like sodium and chloride ions, silica, and bacteria, as well as a very high electrical resistivity. Source: Wikipedia
- Reagent Chemicals, Inorganic Chemical Properties Available:
Usually to ACS specification
- Reagent Chemicals, Inorganic Physical Properties Available:
Ingot, pieces, lump, granules, powder, fiber,
- Reagent Chemicals, Inorganic Packaging:
Glass jars, plastic jars, metal cans, drums
- Reagent Chemicals, Inorganic TSCA (SARA Title III) Status:
Varies. For further information please call the E.P.A. at +1.202.554.1404