- Nano Graphene Platelets (NGP) Synonyms:
nano graphene platelets, NGP, graphite namo platelets, nano-graphene platelets, nano-scaled graphene plates, NGP nanocomposites, nano-scaled graphene platelet (NGP), multi-layer NGP, NGP bucky paper,
a) Similar to carbon nanotubes, the properties and characteristics of Nano Graphene Platelets NGPs should outperform all other nanomaterials on the market and is intended for aerospace, automotive, energy, marine, electronics, construction, medical and telecommunications applications.
b) Nano Graphene Platelets (NGP) demonstrate thermal conductivity five times that of copper, a capability that provides fast thermal dissipation. NGPs also provide electrical conductivity similar to copper yet the material’s density is four times lower, resulting in lighter weight components.
c) Graphene manufacturing technology is divided into graphene synthesis, graphene film, and graphene complex. Graphene application device is divided into energy device, display device, electronic device, and BT-related device.
- Nano Graphene Platelet (NGP) Features:
Ultra-high Young’s modulus (approximately 1,000 GPa) and high strength (~ 100-400 GPa estimated).
· Exceptional in-plane electrical conductivity (up to ~ 20,000 S/cm).
· Outstanding thermal conductivity (up to ~ 3,000 Wm-1@K-1).
· Extraordinarily high specific surface area (up to ~ 2,675 m2/g).
· Low density (2.25 g/cm3).
· Outstanding resistance to gas permeation.
· Readily Surface-Functionalizable.
· Dispersable in many polymers and common solvents.
· Available in a wide range of platelet lengths (typically 1-20 Fm) and thicknesses (approximately 0.34 nm to 100 nm).
· High loading in nanocomposites.
- Nano Graphene Platelet (NGP) Available Physical Size:
Nano Graphene Platelets (NGP) can be produced as oxide free pristine NGP products in thicknesses ranging from 0.34 to 100 nanometers and widths of 0.5-20 microns in length.
- Nano Graphene Platelet (NGP) Typical Applications:
In addition to superior mechanical, thermal and electrical properties, Nano Graphene Platelets (NGP) also possess unique chemical and adsorptive features, including: (a) good chemical bonding to a range of resins that enables tailoring of composite properties; (b) able to readily form reactive oxygen, sulfur, and nitrogen sites on graphene plate edges or surfaces; (c) capable of removing heavy metals and radionucleides from wastewater and ground water; and (d) highly adsorptive for organic materials. Due to these features, NGP-based nano materials may be used by customers in a broad range of industrial sectors. Application examples include:
(1) Interconnect and heat dissipation materials in microelectronic packaging;
(2) Electrodes in batteries and supercapacitors, and bipolar plates in fuel cells;
(3) Automotive uses, including fuel systems (charge dissipation capability), tires (heat dissipation and stiffness enhancement), polymer composites, such as mirror housings, interior parts, bumpers, fenders, and body components that require electrostatic spray painting;
(4) Aerospace applications, including aircraft braking systems (carbon/carbon composites), thermal management, EMI/RFI shielding, and lightning strike protection;
(5) Environmental/chemical applications, including waste chemical/water treatments, filtration and purification; and
(6) Electromagnetic impulse and radio-frequency shielding for telecommunications devices (e.g., mobile phones), computers, and business machines.
Listed. For further information please call the E.P.A. at +1.202.554.1404
1) Before using, user shall determine the suitability of the product for its intended use, and user assumes all risk and liability whatsoever in connection therewith.
2) Nano Graphene Platelet PreManufacture Notice (PMN): Nano graphene platelets from READE are to be used only for R&D testing applications.
- Nano Graphene Platelet (NGP) CAS Number:
Our .Best Guess= 7782-42-5